So – you are thinking about a holiday in Uganda. You couldn’t have made a better choice, as Uganda is the HEART OF AFRICA with so much to offer people from all over the world.
And, dare we say it ourselves, you have found your way to the best website – because Homestead Tours and Safaris can offer you something which is that little bit different and special, and therefore unique.
So enjoy dreaming while you explore our website, the prelude to the reality of exploring Uganda itself.
As you will often hear Ugandans say to you:
“YOU ARE MOST WELCOME TO UGANDA”.
Whether you are looking for ……
- a holiday of a lifetime – or a short break from your work in Uganda
- a tour of Uganda only – or a taste of other East African countries as well, such as Rwanda
- a wildlife holiday – or an experience of some of the cultures of Uganda
- a specialist holiday (such as birdwatching or seeing primates) – or a taste of everything on offer
- a relaxing, leisurely tour – or a physically active and demanding holiday
- a “tailor-made” holiday – or an “off the peg” package
- “thrills and spills” adventures – or time to enjoy some hidden corners of Uganda at your own pace
- an experience of the most common tourist destinations – or something unusual and off the ‘beaten track’
…… whatever it is you want, or even if you don’t really know what you want, we are here to help you choose and make your dreams come true.
We will work with you to plan your perfect holiday, and then escort you throughout the tour, so that you can relax without any worries, enjoy every minute and get the most out of each experience.
HOW TO PLAN YOUR HOLIDAY
- Explore our website, looking at the various packages, destinations and other information.
- Perhaps also look through the Bradt Guide on Uganda, by far the best Guide Book there is.
- Are your dates fixed or flexible?
- Do you want to choose one of our suggested packages, with or without some minor changes? Or would you like us to put together a tailor-made package specially for you?
- Perhaps make a list of all the things you would most like to do or see or visit.
- Decide on your budget and what are the essential things or priorities that you are looking for within your budget. For example, do you want as much comfort as possible, with luxury accommodation and limited travel? Or do you want to pack in as much as possible and be prepared to stay in more basic, budget accommodation to get more for your money?
- Tell us if you know exactly what you want to do, or whether you want us to make suggestions.
- Make a list of all the questions you want to ask us.
- Use the Enquiry Form on the TOURS page to let us know what you want.
- Once you let us know your requirements and interests, we’ll put together one or two possible itineraries for you to consider. Together, we can adjust the programme to fit within your budget so that you can get the most out of your special holiday to Uganda.
We aim to acknowledge and make an initial response to your queries within 48 hours, but if we are all out in more remote places where there is no network, we apologise if we delay in responding. We will contact you as soon as possible.
You are responsible for booking your own international flights. We suggest you do this once you have decided on your itinerary, in case there is limited availability of flights which might affect your dates and itinerary in Uganda and therefore the dates for booking any permits and accommodation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BOOKING AND PAYING FOR YOUR HOLIDAY
- Once you have confirmed the final itinerary with us, you will be asked to pay a deposit. As soon as the deposit has been received in our bank account, we will start the process of confirming the holiday – we cannot book any accommodation or activities until we have received your deposit.
- The deposit required to book your holiday will be shown on your quotation. The deposit will normally be 30% of the total holiday price, but may vary up to the full cost of the holiday, depending upon the date of travel and the terms of our suppliers. Occasionally, after you have booked, a supplier connected to your booking may ask us to pay them earlier than normal. This often happens in peak periods, or when an earlier payment can avoid an increase in park fees, or other similar increases to a supplier’s costs. If this happens, we reserve the right to ask you to make payment for the requested amount within a stipulated period and prior to your balance due date. Any such early payment will be non-refundable.
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking permits need to be paid for separately, in addition to the deposit. Because of high demand, it is advisable to book these as soon as possible. We will book these for you providing that you pay us the full amount for the permits in addition to the holiday booking deposit.
- If we are unable to confirm all the arrangements, we will discuss the alternatives and re-quote if necessary. If the alternatives are significant, you will be offered the alternatives or a full refund without any cancellation charges. (Note that the availability of accommodation and permits is not guaranteed until officially confirmed by Homestead Tours and Safaris.)
- By processing your payment we agree to accept your booking and a contract between us comes into force. A booking receipt (or confirmation invoice) will be issued to confirm receipt of payment. The person named on the quotation is responsible for the total price of the holiday and for accepting our terms and conditions on behalf of all people travelling.
- Once all arrangements have been confirmed we will issue a confirmation invoice, along with a detailed itinerary. A confirmation invoice will normally be issued within 2 weeks of booking, but may take longer, in which case we will write to inform you.
- Your final balance, in full, will be due three calendar months prior to departure. Note that holidays booked within three months of travel require full payment at the time of booking. Failure to pay the balance may result in your holiday being cancelled, in which case, you will lose any money already paid.
- It is advisable to take out travel insurance before you book your holiday.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer, credit or debit card. Credit card payments will be subject to a fee of between 2% and 3% depending upon card type.