This is a new website which we are still adding to, so if you don’t see what you want, please contact us or return another time.
HEART OF AFRICA – VOLUNTEER AND EXPLORE UGANDA TOURS
A PRIVILEGED AND UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY IN A SMALL GROUP TO ……
- visit some of the best game parks and spectacular lakes, rivers and waterfalls
- get off the beaten track and away from other tourists
- contribute to rural communities by volunteering your time and skills
- stay with and get to know Ugandans, their way of life and culture
IS THIS FOR YOU?
Yes – if you are concerned about……
- responsible tourism that minimises any possible negative impact on the environment and local communities;
- the profits remaining within the communities to enable development;
- trying to understand something of the history and culture, the issues and challenges of your host country;
- time to make new friends in an atmosphere of giving and receiving as you share some of your skills and experience with humility, openness and willingness to learn;
- not being extravagant in one of the poorest countries of the world where millions of people struggle every day to access clean water, health care and education.
- These tours can be tailor-made to last any length of time, depending on the time you have available and what you want to do, although anything less than two to three weeks is not recommended.
- A wide variety of volunteering opportunities to suit all ages, skills and experience (3-5 working days a week).
- Maximum group size: usually 6 people, accompanied throughout by your own Driver-Guide.
- Good budget accommodation (mostly en suite).
- Variety of activities and cultural experiences in Teso (including a rural homestay) with choice and flexibility depending on your interests.
MORE INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers are much appreciated for contribution they make to the people of Teso who have so often been forgotten and marginalised. They will give you a very warm welcome. You will need to be adaptable and accepting of the circumstances and environment which may not always be what you expected – or may change unexpectedly!
We want everyone concerned to have a really positive experience, leading to new friendships and a valuable interchange of ideas and skills. We ask volunteers to respect the local culture to avoid causing problems. We work to ensure that your time spent volunteering in Teso is a very happy and fulfilling experience for everyone.