- Volunteers are people who are willing to give their time, skills and labour to help a local community in Teso in whatever ways they can without expecting any financial or material benefits in return.
- Volunteers are responsible for paying for all costs associated with travelling to Uganda such as immunisations, anti-malaria drugs, entry visa etc.
- Volunteers must take out their own insurance and check that it is appropriate and adequate for what they plan to do in Uganda.
TRAVEL TO AND IN UGANDA
- Volunteers are responsible for making their own arrangements to travel to Uganda in time to meet with the organised Tour in Entebbe.
- From the start of the Tour, Homestead Tours and Safaris is responsible for all travel arrangements within Uganda until the final day, the cost of the Tour having been paid for in full 2 months before the start date.
- Volunteers are expected to buy their own drinks (including bottled water) and snacks and other meals not included in the detailed itinerary. They should also pay if they want someone to wash clothes for them (1,500/- per item or set of clothing, but no underwear) or they invite any Ugandans to join them for a meal. (We suggest you budget about £5-£10 a day for all such extras, including local phone time.)
TOURIST AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES ON THE TOUR
Most are included in the itinerary and therefore part of the package you have paid for. Some more expensive options are noted in the itinerary. These can be booked and paid for in Uganda.